Monday, December 8, 2008

She generally has an answer

The kids got to bed on time tonight without much hassle, so I told them they could read in bed a bit.

When time was up on that, I went room-to-room announcing lights out. 6-year-old MC is never enthusiastic about putting down her books to give in to sleep and it wasn’t really a surprise when she resisted tonight. I explained that I was very proud of her for being such a good reader, but that her brain and her body needed sleep. MC generally has an answer to anything. She dug through the pile of books on her bed. “Well, it didn’t say that when I read this one” she said, holding up a book entitled “The Body”.

Sigh. Nevertheless, cub, the time for dreams is upon us. If sleep indeed sharpens the mind, I’m quite certain I need it more than she. Sadly, there are dishes and laundry to be done. Sweet dreams, little one.

No comments: