Friday, December 5, 2008

My kids write songs

Last year, my wife stumbled across songs written by a couple of our little ones.

Let’s start with SL’s song (she was 8 at the time):

Today is the day
I’m goin away
To find a new home.
I wanna see (2 times)
What it’s like to be free! (2 times)
Don’t ya come along with me.
I wanna be alone.
I want to have my own life.
Get out of me…

I hope that last line was some sort of unfinished thought and not another personality expressing itself.


And then there’s BL’s (she was 7):

When I look out the window
I see you.
I open up the window
And you come in.
We both hug each other tight
And we both kiss each other on the lips.
When we see each other anywhere alone
We kiss and hug
Kiss
Hug
(Come on do it with me)
Ya! Kiss and hug
(Ya you got it now ya!)
Kiss and hug!

Frankly, I’m not sure which one scares me more. I’ve nailed the windows shut. No one gets out; no one gets in.

-gd

No comments: